A brief History of the Calipatria Community Church


    Date City was founded in 1914, whereas a small Evangelical church was built at what is now 180 W Church St. In 1919 Date City was refounded as Calipatria, which is a contraction of Cali from California and Patria meaning father land. The city origin was inspired by the Railroad and subsequently grew into an agriculture region. The original church was based upon Puritan beliefs, and as the population grew was slowly added on to, taking a new face with entrance at 340 S. Park Ave. Calipatria Ca. Calipatria Community Church remains committed to the scriptures of the bible and gospel as the centerpiece for worship.

Back